Recipe Link : https://www.tarladalal.com/Mexican-Bread-Rolls-1714r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Mexican Bread Rolls
Well, you would have tasted Mexican food in many forms such as tortillas and quesadillas. Here is a much simpler snack that nevertheless has an unmistakable Mexican touch to it. The Mexican Bread Rolls feature bread, deep-fried with a filling of sweet corn, capsicum and cheese bound with milk and flour, and flavoured with red chilli flakes. Serve fresh and hot, with tomato ketchup, for a succulent snack that everybody will enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 11 bread rolls.
11 bread slices
Oil for deep-frying
For the filling
¼ cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp grated processed cheese1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
½ cup milk
½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
salt to taste
For the filling
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously till no lumps remain or till the sauce turns thick.
3. Add the corn, capsicum, cheese, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
4. Transfer the mixture into another bowl and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Remove the crust from all the bread slices and roll each slice with help of a rolling pin.
2. Apply some water at the edges of a bread slice.
3. Place ½ tbsp of the filling in the centre of the bread slice, roll it up tightly and press the edges well to seal the stuffing.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 10 more bread rolls.
5. Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the bread rolls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
6. Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.