Welcome to Simply Mamá Cooks YouTube Channel! I am a Mom to a blended Korean / Mexican American family that loves to share what I cook in my home. I am still learning and enjoy the process of making home cooked food.
#simplymamacooks #easymenudo #homecooked
🙏🏼Please LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE! Thank you!
💖MY VLOG CHANNEL
📸FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM 👉🏼http://bit.ly/2yCfjqe
AND HASH TAG Simply Mama
5 lbs honey comb beef tripe cleaned and cut (2 1/3 kg)
9 to 10 quarts water (8 1/2 to 9 1/2 L)
1/2 medium onion
2 to 3 cloves garlic
2 dried bay leaves
1 Tbsp Mexican oregano (2 g)
3.1 oz (90 g) menudo spice mix seasoning
*Note I used Bolner’s Fiesta brand menudo mix
2 Tbsp sea salt (season and salt to your preference and taste)
30 oz (850 g) can of hominy (drained and rinsed)
– Clean and cut tripe well (I used the juice of 2 large limes and water to clean tripe)
– Add tripe to a 12 quart pot and fill with 9 to 10 quarts of water
– To the pot add onion, garlic, bay leaves, Mexican oregano and bring to a boil
– Once tripe is at a rolling boil, cook for 1 hour
– Clean and skim out any foam, scum or fat that floats to the surface to ensure a clean broth
– After the first hour of boiling, now add dry menudo spice seasoning mix, salt, stir and continue to cook for an additional hour
– After the 2nd hour of cook time, add drained and rinsed hominy
– Continue to cook for another 45 minutes to an hour or until tripe is tender and hominy cooked through
– This recipe should yield 6 1/2 to 7 quarts of menudo
– Top with fresh diced onion, jalapeno, cilantro and a squeeze of lime
⭐️ORIGINAL MENUDO VIDEO
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
Places by Ulas Pakkan, Courtesy of Shutterstock, Inc.