Best onion rings recipe – these onion rings are so crispy, juicy and addictive. They will stay crispy not only after frying but for a long time. This version is so easy to make, and it is a vegan and eggless recipe.
Printable Version:: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/How-to-Make-The-Best-Onion-Rings
More Crispy Recipes:
Crispy Roasted Potatoes: http://bit.ly/RoastedCrispyPotatoes
Crispy Fried Eggplants: http://bit.ly/FriedEggplant
Cheese Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls: http://bit.ly/MashedPotatoBalls
Potato Fritters: http://bit.ly/PotatoLatkesTCF
Zucchini Fritters: http://bit.ly/ZucchiniFrittersRec
My favorite kitchen equipment:
2 large onions
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (42g) cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1 1/3 cup (320ml) of cold sparkling water
2 cups (220g) Panko breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
1. Cut the onions into 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) slices and separate into rings.
2. In a large bowl stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gradually add water and whisk until smooth and thick.
3. Dip onion rings in the batter, then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the rings.
4. Heat oil to 350-360F (170-180C).
5. Fry onion ring in batches until golden and crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Serve hot.
If you like me recipes, please join to “The Cooking Foodie” YouTube membership: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZ8IpRdoyQ3Qj0ogpUniAA/
you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Hit the JOIN button.